Chicken Parmesan for your belly! Add a little Italian flair to your dinner tonight with this super easy recipe - your kids will love it too!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper – don’t sneeze!
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 jar of your favorite tomato pasta sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 box uncooked penne pasta (8 oz) – I like using quinoa pasta – makes you feel less bloated
Spray down your slow cooker with cooking spray so all this goodness doesn’t stick to it - and it’s easier to clean when you’re done.
Put egg in a small bowl and beat it (It doesn't matter who's wrong or right, just beat it). Get a separate bowl and mix up the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and your salt n’ pepa (push it real good).
Dip the chicken breasts into the beaten egg and then place them in the bowl with your bread crumb mixture. Make sure they’re coated nicely and then place into the crock-pot. Dump the pasta sauce evenly over the chicken.
Fire it up and cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
After the chicken is fully cooked - put your pasta on to boil and then pour the Italian cheese blend over top of the chicken. Cover back up and cook until the cheese is all gooey.
Drain the pasta and serve the chicken over the top of the pasta in a bowl. Enjoy!