CROCKTOBER - Sweet Quinoa Soup
If you've been trying to eat healthy than this is the soup for you!
Sweet Quinoa Soup
- 1.5 LBS boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 packet 1.25 oz chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup quinoa – I like the organic kind at Costco
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can 15oz black beans
- 1 can 14oz diced tomatoes
- 5 cups chicken broth – I like using the low sodium kind
- Diced parsley
Spray the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
Put chicken and quinoa in the crock.
Skin and cube sweet potatoes and put in crock.
Drain and rinse the black beans put in crock
Put in entire can of diced tomatoes in crock (don’t drain them), as well as seasoning mix, and broth.
Cook on High for about 4 hours
Shred the chicken after 4 hours and stir everything together.
Add salt, pepper and parsley if you wish